Trade Talk: Fabric Intelligence
Nov 6, 2019
10:30 am—11:30 am
The evolution of performance textiles for residential use has been rapid and expansive. Design professionals seeking to specify these fabrics to add value and longevity to their projects need to keep abreast of innovations in the technology. This course will shed light on the following topics:
- Learn how consumer lifestyle shifts and resulting demand patterns led to the development of advanced residential and indoor-specific decorative textiles
- Learn how distinguishing fiber types and dye methods used in textile manufacturing and knowing their inherent characteristics leads to value-adds in residential specification
- Understand performance fabrics as a smart-home tech adoption: applying the Diffusion of Innovation principle, examining consumer demand for invisible tech, intuitive and friendly things, and longevity, solution-forward and timesaving home products.
- Review current performance textile industry sustainability practices and learn how to identify best practices before specifying.
- See the future-cast for performance with dramatic experimental tech innovations aimed at reducing the environmental impact of textile farming and manufacturing
Kravet, Suite 106
RSVP to Julie.firstname.lastname@example.org