Jun. 8-11, 2017
Atlanta Design Festival Design Discussions
Sponsored by ADAC
Hosted by MA! Design is Human
Enjoy insights from top design talents on proven best practices, the evolution of American design, and modern design in the southeast today. On Thursday, Hillary Mancini of Peace Design and Niki Papadopoulos of Mark Williams Design Associates share secrets of a successful design practice. Friday, Betsy Riley, Editor-in-Chief of Atlanta Magazine’s HOME, moderates a spirited panel discussion on the evolution of American Design. Over the weekend, join architects and designers for inspiring breakfast talks that are sure to start the day in style.
Thursday, June 8, 2017 | 1:30 – 3:00 PM
The 5 P's for Success: Procuring, Planning, Partnership, Psychology and Publicity
Interior designers Hillary Mancini of Peace Design and Niki Papadopoulos of Mark Williams Design Associates present their proven best practices for boosting design success including:
• How to strategize and market for success in procuring projects
• Planning methods that relate to fees, design team organization, client involvement, and determining the real budget
• Cultivating partnerships with contractors to boost business and increase profits for both
• Understanding the psychology involved in designing for clients/couples and how to assist with “negotiation” rather than “compromise.”
• Getting publicity for top projects on a variety of media platforms.
Friday, June 9, 2017 | 6:45 – 7:45 PM The Evolution of American Design: Panel Discussion
Moderated by Betsy Riley, Editor-in-Chief of Atlanta Magazine’s HOME. Panelists include Michael Brotman, product designer and merchandise management for Room & Board and Chris Hardy, independent product designer. Acoustics provided by BuzziSpace.
Saturday, June 10 and Sunday, June 11, 2017 | 9:00 – 10:00 AM
Architect and Designer Panel Discussions
Start your MA! Architecture Tour day at the Design Economy Expo with an inspiring breakfast talk from select MA! Architecture Tour architects and designers.
Coffee and breakfast bites available from Chrome Yellow.
Acoustics provided by BuzziSpace.